. Stampin' Shilo: SIP

Address Change

Please note that I now live in Hanover. Phone number is 519-506-5589.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

SIP

Shelli Gardner, Owner and CEO of Stampin' Up! has a blog where she has a monthly contest. This month she challenged entrants to create a card using only Stamps, Ink, and Paper. After looking through my stamps and paper, I decided that I could create something to enter into this contest. It was difficult to not use my punches or ribbon but I improvised and this is what I came up with.
The cardstock I used is Soft Suede for the card base, Dusty Durango and Whisper White for the layers. I used the leaf image from the stamp set Best Wishes & More and inked it with Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Handsome Hunter ink. Some the images I inked off before stamping them to create more of a varied look with the leaves. I created my "ribbon" by taking a thin strip of Crushed Curry cardstock and scrunching it up. I then peeled it apart at stuck one piece to the card and used the other piece to tie around. I used the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes for the greeting and stamped it on a small piece of Whisper White cardstock. Overall, I am pleased with this card but it was difficult! Why don't you grab your supplies and try to make a SIP card!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute ... i love "simple"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin